How You Can Use This Information
- Use the information to help identify priorities, facilitate long-term visioning, allocate resources, manage local environmental issues, and track your City's environmental performance.
- Evaluate land use policies and regulatory framework. Consider environmental conditions during updates of your General Plan.
- Enhance accountability of agencies or departments with primary responsibility for an area of environmental performance.
- Use the information to understand how your company's actions impact the local environment.
- Benchmark your company's progress against regional performance.
- Reap the benefits of reduced environmental impacts, potentially including reduced costs and liabilities, enhanced community relations, and market access.
- Communicate to the public and decision-makers about local environmental trends.
- Use the information to advance the goal of environmental sustainability.
- Hold organizations and individuals accountable for improved environmental performance.
- Consider how your day-to-day activities can impact the environment.
- Make more informed purchasing decisions, voting choices, and everyday actions.
- Better understand environmental conditions in your community.
Educators & The Media
- Integrate environmental sustainability into school curricula.
- Include coverage of environmental indicators in the media.
Support improved information about local environmental conditions!
Your tax-deductible contribution will help us to publicize this information and update it in the future. Contributors of $500 or more will be recognized in future reports (unless requested otherwise).
Please make your contribution payable to the Silicon Valley Environmental Partnership, and send it to:
Silicon Valley Environmental Partnership
27544 Canyon Road
Los Altos, CA 94022
Silicon Valley Environmental Partnership is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization. Contributions are tax-deductible.
BACK | TOP | CONTENTS | 1999 ENVIRONMENTAL INDEX | SVEP HOME | NEXT
Website developed by Clary Meuser Research Associates