Recent News and Information:
- Chemical Accident Preparedness Maps
- Adopt A Map - Help Us Map the Nation
- OMB Watch Analysis: Proposed Rule Blocks Public Right To Know about Chemical Accident Scenarios, Tracks Individuals Viewing Public Information (04/27/2000).
- Right-To-Know NOTHING - Press Release from Working Group on Community Right-to-Know (04/27/2000).
- EPA to Limit Web Information - Washington Post (04/27/2000).
- EPA Website Shutdown - Political Analysis from OMB Watch (02/22/2000).
- RMP Report - Accident Epidemiology and the U.S. Chemical Industry: Preliminary Results from RMP*Info.
- Flammable Fuels - On Jan. 5, 2000, the U.S. Court of Appeals for the D.C. Circuit lifted its stay of the RMP regulations as they apply to propane.
- New Report - Beyond the Chemical Century: Restoring Human Rights and Preserving the Fabric of Life.
- New Report - PIRG Report: Accidents Waiting to Happen - "4,860 U.S. facilities store these hazardous chemicals in larger quantities than were released at Bhopal."
- Bhopal on the Web.
- The Union Carbide Disaster.
- Bhopal Gas Disaster Victims File Class Action Suit Against Union Carbide - "depraved indifference to human life."
- "Risk(y) Information? Online Access to Chemical Plant Information" (Government Information Insider). Order this report from OMB Watch by sending an email to [email protected] (Attn: Barbara Western). Each copy is $5 plus shipping (for a total of $5.50).
- Managing the Terrorist Threat: Is America's Emergency Response Equal to the Threat Terrorism Presents? - Houston, TX, Feb. 21 - 23.
Risk Management Plan (RMP) Information:
- Chemical Safety Board Report - "Chemical accidents kill on average two 737's full of passengers (250 Americans) every year." (Note: This link has been bad lately. You can download this report directly from our website in PDF format, but beware -- it is a large 1.4mb)
- Why there are no offsite consequence analysis (OCA) reports. A discussion of public disclosure of environmental data and links to information about the Risk Management Plans (RMPs) .
- RTK Net's Risk Management Plans.
- EPA RMP*Info Risk Management Plan Query.
- ATSDR Report on Chemical Terrorism.
- Chemical Safety Information, Site Security and Fuels Regulatory Relief Act (174K PDF).
- What TRI Means and Why We Need More Not Less Public Disclosure of Chemical Hazards.
- RMP Worst Case Scenario Maps Online.
- Chemical Safety Information, Site Security and Fuels Regulatory Relief Act - Download in PDF format (177K)
In January, 1999 I began collecting articles and resources related to "worst case scenarios", and public disclosure. These have appeared in the following sections of my website. Some of the links may no longer be good, but I am working to update them as time and resources allow. If you discover bad links, please let me know.
Local Community Groups:
- Citizen's for a Better Environment (CBE), San Francisco
- Healthy Benicia Task Force
- Silicon Valley Toxics Coalition
- OMB Watch
- RTK Net
- Pollution Maps around the World
- EPA Chemical Emergency Preparedness and Prevention Office
- California Governor's Office of Emergency Services
- SVTC Eco-Map Family
- Right-To-Know Initiatives Around the Globe
[ Chemical Risk Maps | About Chemical Risks | Resources, News & Alerts | EnviroKnowledge | Feedback ]
Website maintained by Michael R. Meuser
Copyright © 1996-2009 MapCruzin.com
All Rights Reserved
Visit us for Free GIS Maps and Resources