Why We Now Accept Advertising
In the past we have not accepted offers for advertising and sponsorship
of MapCruzin.com. Our reasons for doing this included not wanting to
"clutter" our pages and the possibility of being perceived as a website designed primarily to attract advertising. Five years without advertising and sponsorship clearly indicates two things. First, MapCruzin.com is designed for visitors -- content comes first. And second, MapCruzin.com is not dependent on advertising or outside investment for its survival.
The good news is that we have reconsidered. Though we do some consulting, our strength is in providing timely news and resources as well as a variety of interactive webmap and other projects. As a rather small family owned and operated enterprise we felt that we had two choices. We could either charge for access or, through advertising, have others pay the way. We really did not consider the first option because we could see that it would create an immediate barrier to access. This left us with the second option.
Advertising opportunities are limited and only available to clients who offer products, services, or information sources that are truly beneficial and are related to our goals and the interests and needs of our visitors. We offer a limited number of advertising "spots" as follows:
- Advertising is allowed on all MapCruzin.com pages. MapCruzin.com's
homepage will have one banner at the bottom of the page. All other
pages will have two banners; one at the top (placed like the one at the top of this page) and one at the bottom of the page. Smaller banners, links and buttons may be tastefully placed on any page (see item #4 below).
- We reserve the right to reject any advertising that is unrelated
to the objectives and goals of Clary Meuser Research Associates or
to the interests of our visitors.
- We reserve the right to reject any advertising banner that is
overly distractive, garish, or simply does not fit the "feel" of our website.
- Advertising will be in the form of a standard banner (438x60 pixels). Please contact us to discuss other formats such as sponsor buttons and the like.
- Each client will "own" their page(s) so the number of available ownership "slots" is highly limited.
- Contact us about possible banner exchange arrangements.
- Advertising "slots" are available on a first come first served basis.
- We reserve the right to accept a limited number of free and or low-cost public service banners. Contact us with particulares.
- Also, we will provide free "storefront" pages for you. If these are used, a visitor's click on your banner will direct them to this page. The page will include a paragraph describing you, a link to your website and contact information. If you opt not to take advantage of this free service, a visitor click on your banner will take them directly to your website.
Flat Rate Advertising on MapCruzin.com - Pay by October 20, 2000 and deduct 30%.
Advertising rates are as follows:
Homepage (bottom placement only). -
$25,000 per year/$2,500 per month.
Main Category Pages (bottom or top placement) including
Free: Your Own GIS,
Free: GIS Data & Map Layers,
Web Map Projects by Other Organizations,
Environmental Justice Resources,
Toxic Tort Resources,
Global Environmental Risk Map Network,
Global Right-To-Know Resources,
Right-To-Know Issues & News, Feedback,
and Environmental Books and others.
$10,000 per year/$1,000 per month.
Pages linked from main categories listed above -
$5,000 per year/$500 per month.
Text links (homepage) -
$4,000 per year/$400 per month.
Text links (various other pages and dedicated links pages) -
$2,000 per year/$200 per month.
A note about text links. We place text links whenever we believe
such a link would be of interest and benefit to our visitors irregardless of whether the link is paid for or not. We encourage and
hope that you will support our work by paying for links.
If your are in the GIS, mapping, geodata, environmental, sustainability
or related fields, please contact us.
I look forward to hearing from you.
Didn't find what you are looking for? We've been online since 1996 and have created 1000's of pages. Search below and you may find just what you are looking for.
Michael R. Meuser
Data Research & GIS Specialist
MapCruzin.com is an independent firm
specializing in GIS project development and data research.
We created the first U.S. based
interactive toxic chemical facility
maps on the internet in 1996 and we
have been online ever since. Learn more about us and our services.
Have a project in mind? If you have data, GIS project or custom shapefile needs contact Mike.
Report Broken Links
Subscribe for Updates