Global Warming and Climate Change CD
This is a work in progress. Click here and we'll let you know when it becomes available.
We have been archiving research material related to global warming and climate change for some time. A small amount of this has appeared on our websites over the last 5 years, but the great majority has remained in our archives. We just finished organizing this material and have created a CD for your use. The Global Warming and Climate Change Research and Educational Resource CD includes hundreds of megabytes of recent and historical reports, crucial information -- discussion, maps, charts, graphs -- and web archives from many sources.
Climate change has variable impacts that range from hemispherical and continental to regional differences within continents and nations. Learn about the vulnerabilities and what you may be able to do to mitigate the effects or adapt to them.
Learn more about:
- Greenhouse gases - What they are, how they are formed and how they might be reduced.
- Carbon trading - Learn about the various plans for trading carbon credits around the globe.
- International agreements - Find out more about international agreements to reduce greenhouse gas emissions.
- Impacts and vulnerabilities - What are the impacts of global warming and climate change? Use the Global Warming and Climate Change Research and Educational Resource CD to find out what is known.
- Adaptation - How we adapt depends on where and how we live. Regional variations will play a large part in plans for adaptation.
- Ecosystem - What are the impacts on ecosystems, species -- the natural "fabric" that sustains life on earth?
- Economic - What are the economic impacts and how can we plan for them? Find out the answers.
Specific Information on the CD includes:
- Weather - Climate change, variation and extreme weather.
- Agriculture - Consequences for food supplies, effects on pests.
- Water - quantity and quality.
- Health - human health consequences, disease.
- Forests - Ecosystem change, lumber and fuel production.
- Coastal Areas - flood, severe storms.
- Marine Resources - impacts on fisheries.
- Specific information on regional vulnerability and variation in the United States.
The CD is a timely resource for researchers, students, teachers, activists -- anyone concerned about the effects of climate change on the health, safety and well-being of their community.
Didn't find what you are looking for? We've been online since 1996 and have created 1000's of pages. Search below and you may find just what you are looking for.
Michael R. Meuser
Data Research & GIS Specialist
MapCruzin.com is an independent firm
specializing in GIS project development and data research.
We created the first U.S. based
interactive toxic chemical facility
maps on the internet in 1996 and we
have been online ever since. Learn more about us and our services.
Have a project in mind? If you have data, GIS project or custom shapefile needs contact Mike.
Report Broken Links
Subscribe for Updates